A Step Ahead Chattanooga’s (ASAC) Community Outreach Team 2020
We’re now accepting applications for the 2020 Community Outreach Team! Applications will be accepted through February 10, 2020. Applicants will be selected and notified by February 17, 2020.
Who are we?
A Step Ahead Chattanooga is a prevention-only organization that provides information about and free access to long-term, reversible birth control (IUDs and implants). We believe that every woman should be able to plan if/when she wants to start a family. Doing so empowers a woman to complete her education, earn more money, take care of her children, and live life on her terms.
What is the Community Outreach Team?
Members of the Outreach Team serve as our ambassadors in the community. As Peer-to-Peer Educators with A Step Ahead Chattanooga, Outreach Team members will have an opportunity to work at health fairs and other community events. Many events occur in the evenings or weekends. Team members sign up for events based on their personal interests and availability. Check out the video at the top of the page to see the team in action!
Who are we looking for?
- 16-26 year olds
- Individuals that live in A Step Ahead Chattanooga’s 11-county service area (Hamilton, Bradley, Polk, McMinn, Meigs, Rhea, Bledsoe, Sequatchie, Grundy, Franklin, and Marion County) and have reliable transportation to attend community events
- Passionate individuals that are excited about the mission of A Step Ahead Chattanooga
- Curious individuals who are eager to learn and be trained to share A Step Ahead Chattanooga’s mission with the community
- Natural born leaders and social butterflies who can engage easily in communication about birth control topics
- Responsible individuals who are proficient in communication and will stay up-to-date on all communication via email, phone calls, and texts
- Bi-lingual individuals are encouraged to apply
- Must be willing to work at least two events out of the 2020 outreach season
What do you get out of it?
- Learn about reproductive health issues and become an informed leader on birth control methods and resources to empower women in your community
- Meet like-minded community members and network with professionals in the field of women’s health
- Develop public speaking and other professional skills that will be an asset for future jobs and/or schooling.
- Earn money for your work. Starting pay is $10 per hour and trainings are paid too!
How To Apply
Click here to apply for the 2020 Community Outreach Team. All applications must be in by February 10, 2020 and chosen applicants will be notified by February 17, 2020.
Email our Education and Outreach Manager, Michelle Dunn-Loveless.