REGIONAL HEALTH EDUCATOR – NORTH (MCMINN, MEIGS, AND RHEA COUNTIES)
A Step Ahead Chattanooga (ASAC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide information about and free access to long-term, reversible birth control (intrauterine devices, or IUDs, and implants).
The Regional Health Educator – North, under the direction of the Program Manager, is responsible for the day-to-day grant funded outreach activities of A Step Ahead Chattanooga in the assigned region of McMinn, Meigs, and Rhea counties. They are responsible for all aspects of the “Plan Ahead” program which includes working with individuals, community support organizations, and health care providers with the goals to increase awareness, knowledge, and access to birth control and family planning tools.
This full-time position is anticipated to begin on November 1, 2020 and end on September 30, 2022.
- Promote and serve as a resource for birth control awareness among individuals, local support agencies, healthcare providers and other social networks
- Offer support for women between the ages of 13 and 55 and about obtaining access no-cost long-acting reversible contraception (LARC).
- Provide educational opportunities through presentations, live/virtual events, meetings, classes, training sessions, social media live streams, watch parties, events, and other educational outreach methods
- Recruit, train, and launch community-based outreach teams and contraceptive access committees
- Develop partnerships and collaborate with community agencies
- Establish communication channels to reach residents effectively
- Actively participate in data collection, program evaluation activities, and mandatory check-in meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a health educator
- Demonstrated experience working with community-based programs with a mastery in partnership building, planning/logistics, and delivering high quality virtual and face-to-face instruction
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with experience establishing professional and well-organized communication
- Interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, consensus building and intuitive listening
- Representational and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Understanding of tracking program metrics and reporting
- Effective time management skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Google’s G Suite
- Willingness to work remotely and travel extensively within assigned region
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Agile Thinking
- Analytical Aptitude
- Conceptual Thinking
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Self-Starter Initiative
- Service Mindset
- Stress Resistance
This position will work primarily Monday through Fridays from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Flexibility is needed to accommodate night and weekend community engagement activities.
This position will work remotely with the expectation of frequent in-person/virtual engagements in the assigned region and/or in Chattanooga.
$45,000 to $49,000 per year depending on qualifications, skills, and experience. Employees are eligible to participate in health, vision, and dental plans. A matched retirement savings plan is also available.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Step Ahead Chattanooga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.