OPERATIONS SUPPORT SPECIALIST
A Step Ahead Chattanooga (ASAC) is a nonprofit organization whose mission is to provide information about and free access to long-term, reversible birth control (intrauterine devices, or IUDs, and implants).
The Operations Support Specialist is a part-time position that provides clerical support and administrative assistance for ASAC staff.
Overall: Under direction of the Operations Manager, this position will provide operational and administrative assistance for A Step Ahead Chattanooga’s daily operations, activities, and programming.
- Responsible for data entry of client information into database
- Accountable for maintaining the fundraising database and gift acknowledgements
- Perform, organize, and streamline organizational tasks as directed
- Assist with special campaigns and/or mailings and events
- Collect and assemble programmatic data from staff, creating graphs, charts, and reports as requested
- Assist staff with developing presentations and editing documents as needed
- Provide research assistance for grants as directed
- Interact with clients as needed, resolve problems, and provide information about ASAC’s programs
- Perform clerical duties and general activities as directed
- Other duties as needed
- Minimum of an earned Associate Degree or two years of relevant experience
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, consensus building and intuitive listening
- Able to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Google’s G Suite
- Effective time management skills
- Position requires initiative, resourcefulness; experience as a “self-starter” with the ability to work independently
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Organizational and Planning Aptitude
- Process Improvement Mindset
- Information Gathering and Analytical Decision-Making
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Self-Starter Initiative
- Problem-Solving Approach
- Stress Resistance
Monday through Fridays from 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Flexibility in schedule may be offered to the ideal candidate if needed.
This position will work remotely. Periodic in-person meetings will be required with adequate notice given.
$15.00 to $18.00 per hour depending on qualifications and experience.
To Apply: Please submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A Step Ahead Chattanooga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.