CONTRACT REGIONAL HEALTH EDUCATOR (Bilingual, Fluent in Spanish-English languages)
A Step Ahead Chattanooga (ASAC) is a nonprofit organization with the mission to remove barriers to contraception through education, outreach, and access to free birth control.
The Contract Regional Health Educator, under the direction of the Program Manager, will conduct education and outreach activities as needed in the 18-county service area covered by ASAC. This position will work with individuals, partners, providers, and community groups with the goal to increase awareness, knowledge, and access to birth control and family planning tools.
- Promote and serve as a resource for birth control awareness among individuals, local support agencies, healthcare providers, and other existing social networks
- Offer support for women between the ages of 13 and 55 and about obtaining access to no-cost contraception.
- Provide educational opportunities through presentations, live/virtual events, meetings, classes, training sessions, social media live streams, watch parties, events, and other educational outreach methods
- Develop partnerships and collaborate with community agencies that serve Latinx/Hispanic communities
- Establish communication channels to reach the Latino/Hispanic community
- Actively participate in data collection, program evaluation activities, and mandatory check-in meetings
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience as a trainer/educator/health advisor
- Effective verbal and written communication skills in both Spanish and English
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse community-based programs with mastery in delivering high quality and culturally informed virtual and face-to-face instruction
- Interpersonal skills including conflict resolution, consensus building, and intuitive listening
- Representational and public speaking skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- An understanding of tracking program metrics and reporting
- Effective time management skills
- Computer literacy, including Microsoft Office and Google’s G Suite
- Willingness to work remotely and travel throughout service area region
- Established relationships in the local Latino Community
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES:
- Agile Thinking
- Analytical Aptitude
- Conceptual Thinking
- Continuous Improvement Mindset
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Self-Starter Initiative
- Service Mindset
- Stress Resistance
This position will require a paid 20-hour training for the first week. It is anticipated that the Contract Health Educator will work between 20-30 hours per week thereafter in order to accomplish programmatic goals.
RATE OF PAY:
This position is a contract position and will be compensated up to $40.00/hr depending on experience
This position will work remotely with the expectation of frequent in-person/virtual engagements throughout the A Step Ahead Chattanooga service area.
To Apply: Please submit a resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com.
A Step Ahead Chattanooga is an Equal Opportunity Employer.